Sunday, July 27, 2008

Video: "Problem Child Jr" 78 mph run






More info here

Gary says this about the project:


Just so I would have a car to run competitively at our club speed runs I changed my NTC3 oval car into a speed run car. It runs a .12 Sirio engine with taller gears and at out first meet it ran 59 mph using production pinion gears.

I swapped in a couple custom gears for second, and running the old second gear as first. The first gear was okay but second was too high so I'll drop it down but that'll mean fitting a couple custom gears again.

I'm really going to push the aero envelope and make it as clean as I can with a stock car body. My plan is to swap over to a larger engine (a .28 or maybe one of my Piccos) later and see what I can do with that.

No comments:

Power Required Calculator