Saturday, August 25, 2007

The future of RC- H power

This isnt high speed related yet, but I wanted to post on this new upcoming technology for use in RC cars. Hydrogen power. Keith43221 built and tested a H-cell TT-01 and did a write up on his blog. This is what he has to say:

Got the car working this week after a long process getting everything needed for the car together. The car runs great, and I have been having a blast. The fuel cell bogs down if I gun the throttle, but other than it, its awesome! Slow accelerations and throttle management are key. After hard turns, the fuel cell will bog down, and I'll back off to give the cell a few second to get back up to speed, then I'm right back on the throttle. After coming in from my last run, which lasted 75 minutes, I decided to add 3 degrees of camber and some toe-out. Tomorrow I plan to test that out, and get some good video. Also tomorrow a bunch of Ferrari's are getting together across the street (awesome neighbors, lol) so I'm going throw the F450 body on it and see if I can fit in. Size doesn't matter right? And one more thing I plan on doing tomorrow is having my friend with a newly bought radar gun to come down and get some speeds off the car.
Feel free to ask questions, I'll write more as I think of it.

No comments:

Power Required Calculator